Theme Research Areas
Materials to Enable Fossil Energy Production & Utilization
New Materials Discovery
Materials Performance in Application Environments
Optimized Materials Processing for Energy Efficiency and Economics
Interest is in both computational prediction and experimental verification in all four topical areas. "Materials" in this case means structural materials, coatings, catalysts, separation materials, energy storage materials, sensor materials, etc., that could find application in fossil energy systems.
Facilitate discussions among WVU faculty members with energy-related materials research interests.
Introduce faculty members and WVU materials-related research facilities to NETL research community.
Promote expanded research opportunities in Fossil Energy programs for WVU faculty members with energy-materials research interests.
Stations arranged for researchers to display posters or show-and-tell items.
Lunch with networking tables so participants can meet and talk.
Short presentations by all participants about their research interests so that everyone gets to meet everyone else and learn about each person’s capabilities and interests.
Coffee breaks and lunch.
Anthony Cugini – Associate Director, Office of R&D
Cindy Powell – Focus Area Lead for Materials
Robert Romanosky – Technology Manager for materials
Other technology and research managers
NETL materials researchers
Other interested persons
Curt Peterson – VP Research
Other research administrators
WVU energy-related materials researchers and center directors
Action Items and Deadlines
Week of December 15, 2008
- Establish meeting date and send out notices
- Identify WVU researchers whose interests are directly in line with the theme of the workshop
- Coordinate with NETL colleagues to ensure distribution of meeting information and action item deadlines
December 23, 2008
- WVU researchers respond to Bajura concerning interest in participation
- Will they attend
- Will they wish to present a 2 minute overview
- Will they wish to set up a poster or other display
- Request information from WVU administrators regarding other faculty who should be invited to attend
- NETL coordinator corresponds to Bajura regarding potential interest and identification of participants
Week of December 29, 2008
- Communications with WVU and NETL researchers via email regarding preparation of slides and other information
January 5, 2009 @ Noon
- Deadline for receipt of slide presentations for General Session
- Deadline for responding if participants wish to have a poster display table for the meeting
January 6, 2009 @ 9 AM
- Begin poster display set up at 9:00 AM
- Begin registration at 9:15 AM
- Meeting begins at 9:30 AM