July 31, 2008 by West Virginia Water Research Institute
Morgantown, W.Va. — The Mid-Atlantic Regional Water Resources Research (WRRI) Conference sponsors invite you to submit papers for presentation at the 2008 Mid-Atlantic Regional Water Resources Research Conference, The Water-Energy Nexus: A Necessary Synergy for the 21st Century (http://wvwri.nrcce.wvu.edu/conferences/2008/WRRI/).
Researchers from colleges and universities (faculty, graduate and undergraduate students), federal and state agencies, private organizations, consulting firms, and others are invited to present papers.
With the increasing demand for both water and energy, innovative approaches are needed to manage these two resources. High oil and gasoline prices, climate change, and global politics place more demand on remaining U.S. coal, oil, and natural gas reserves. In addition, the impetus is on developing new “greener” more “environmentally-friendly” energy sources. Energy requires water in the production process. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Role of water in conventional and alternative energy production
- Energy needs for water supply and treatment
- Impacts of energy production on water supplies
- Downstream impacts of energy production on water quality
Papers may be submitted in any topical area addressing the interface of water and energy including technologies, practices, and/or policies.
For more information:
Download the PDF Form: http://wvwri.nrcce.wvu.edu/conferences/2008/WRRI/pdf/callforpapers.pdf
E-mail: Tamara Vandivort at Tamara.Vandivort@mail.wvu.edu
Phone: Terry Polce, 304-293-2867 x 5450
- West Virginia Water Research Institute
- Virginia Water Resources Research Center
- Pennsylvania Water Resources Research Center
- D.C. Water Resources Research Institute
- Delaware Water Resources Center
- Maryland Water Resources Research Center
- New Jersey Water Resources Research Institute
- New York State Water Resources Institute
This event is presented by West Virginia Water Research Institute, a program located at the National Research Center for Coal and Energy at West Virginia University.