What: 2017 Innovation & Entrepreneurship Day at the Capitol sponsored by TransTech Energy Research & Business Development (TTE) and TechConnect-WV
When: Thursday, March 16, 2017
Where: West Virginia State Capitol Rotunda (House and Senate Hallways, Well area)
Why: TTE and TechConnect-WV are working together to advance innovation and entrepreneurship in the state. Meet companies facing the challenge of the innovation economy and creating West Virginia’s future industries. The goal is to talk with legislators about contributions that the state’s innovative businesses provide in jobs and economic development.
Those attending the event include:
- WVU Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP)
- University of Charleston
- Consortium for Entrepreneurship Education
- Mid-Atlantic Technology, Research & Innovation Center (MATRIC)
- Chemical Alliance Zone (CAZ)
- Strong Mountain Communities
- Big W Energy
- Tucker County Economic Development
- Sunbelt Network, ARIDEA Solutions
- Energy Efficient West Virginia
- Allegheny Science & Technology
- Robert C. Byrd Institute (RCBI)
- Appalachian Power
- ARIDEA Solutions
- WV Regional Technology Park
- Watkins Designs
- Align Human Resources
- CORE 10
- Center for Applied Research & Technology (CART, Inc.)
- WV Small Business Development Center
- WVU Women’s Entrepreneurship Clinic
- WVU BrickStreet Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- WVU National Research Center for Coal and Energy
Exhibitors: Showcase West Virginia’s innovative businesses and technologies to legislators, academia, and government officials. Exhibit space is limited this year so register early. Only a few spots left! Get yours today!
- You don’t have to be an exhibitor to attend. Come and network with your fellow West Virginia businesses, visit the exhibitors, visit with legislators and other government officials, and WVU researchers.
- Join us for lunch in the Capitol Building lower rotunda for the presentation of the Governor’s Award for Excellence in Industrial Energy Efficiency and the Governor’s Award for Leadership in Advanced Green Manufacturing.
Cost: Exhibit $25 per table, lunch $15 per person, exhibit visitation only – free
Questions: Angela Shock, Program Coordinator, TransTech Energy Research and Business Development Program, West Virginia University, (304) 293-6520, Angela.Shock@mail.wvu.edu