April 4, 2016 by WVU
Current students are automatically subscribed to WVU Alert text messages if the student has provided a cell number to the University. If you are a student and did not receive a text alert, please complete the missed alert form. You can update your account information by completing the student update form.
Selected WVU Alert FAQs:
How can I enroll?
- To sign up for WVU Alert, faculty and staff should go to http://emergency.wvu.edu/signup/. (NOTE: If off-campus, people will be asked to supply their MASTERID.)
- The instructions are self-explanatory; however, users must have their mobile phones handy in order to verify the access code once confirmation comes through. Users who have a Blackberry will receive their validation code via the phone’s e-mail. Users will not be registered until they verify the access code.
- Once registered, individuals will receive the emergency and weather alerts.
- The system is registered with every cell phone carrier in the country and takes only seconds to minutes to activate once the registration is complete. Accounts can also be customized so that alerts can be received via e-mail Mobile phone (via SMS text message), Blackberry, Wireless PDA, Text pager, School e-mail & personal e-mail accounts, Personal portal (My Yahoo, iGoogle or My AOL page) or RSS reader.
How do I validate my Faculty/Staff WVU Alert account?
- Go to: http://emergency.wvu.edu/alert/e2campus_login/
- Login using the username and password you created
- Click the “Services” tab
- Under “Status” you should see “Validate Now” next to the phone number or e-mail you have registered
- Click “Validate Now”
If you’re validating your cell phone:
You will be taken to another page and a validation code will be sent to your phone. Enter the validation code and click the “Validate” button. You will be taken to a page which verifies your validation
If you’re validating your e-mail address:
E-mail accounts will receive an e-mail with a validation hyperlink. Click the link and you will be taken to a web page which verifies your validation
Please note: Depending on your personal cell phone plan, there may be a nominal fee from your carrier to receive text messages, but WVU does not charge for this service.