March 16, 2015. Submitted information.
Morgantown, W.Va. – The North American Coalbed Methane Forum will hold a two-day event in celebration of their 30th anniversary. The event takes place May 20-21, at the Hilton Garden Inn at Southpointe, Canonsburg, Pa.
On May 20, the forum is offering a one-day short course, “CBM Reservoir and Production Engineering.” On May 21, the forum will hold its regular session of presentations on technical, regulatory and legal aspects of coalbed methane development and production. The program will conclude with a panel discussion by state coal executives on the importance of coal in each state.
The luncheon keynote speaker will be Robert Murray, chairman of Murray Energy Inc., on “The Future of Coal in the USA.”
A. One-day short course (May 20)
Session I Coalbed Methane and Coal Geology
Session II Vertical Drilling and Hydrofracking (including reservoir properties)
Session III Coal Seam Degasification
Session IV Coalbed Methane Production Techniques
B. Regular session (May 21)
- Dynamics of natural gas production: global energy picture
- New CBM projects: Hoosier Energy coalbed methane project in Indiana
- Coalbed methane potential in Illinois coal basin
- Conversion of coal gas to liquids
- Cleaning and compressing coalbed methane
- Impact of methane recovery on coal mining
- Legal and regulatory updatesPanel presentations and discussion on “why and how coal is important
- Panel presentations and discussion on “why and how coal is important
to your state” by states’ coal association executives:
Bruce Stevens – Indiana; Bill Bissett – Kentucky; John Pippy – Pennsylvania;
Harry Childress – Virginia; Bill Raney – West Virginia; Phil Gomet – Illinois
Christian Palich – Ohio
CONTACT: Kashi Aminian; 304.293.7682; email@example.com.