Contact and Mailing Information
National Research Center
for Coal & Energy
P.O. Box 6064
385 Evansdale Drive
West Virginia University
Morgantown, WV 26506
The National Research Center for Coal & Energy
The NRCCE is…
- a research center and information clearinghouse dedicated to securing our nation's energy needs, protecting our environment and promoting our economic development.
- located at one of our nation's leading, land-grant institutions of higher education — West Virginia University.
- has established the following programs to better equip the nation with technology for energy and the environment:
- AVESTAR™ - Advanced Virtual Energy Simulation Training And Research Center
- AONGRC - The Appalachian Oil and Natural Gas Research Consortium
- CAST - The Center for Advanced Separations Technology
- CFFS - The Consortium for Fossil Fuel Science
- IOF-WV - Industries of the Future – West Virginia
- Materials Network
- NAFTC - The National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium
- NESC - The National Environmental Services Center
- PTTC - The Petroleum Technology Transfer Council
- (SC)2 -
The Supercomputing Science Consortium
- US-CEC - U.S.-China Energy Center
- WV-DOE EPSCoR - West Virginia-U.S. Department of Energy Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research
- WVWRI - The West Virginia Water Research Institute, including the National Mine Land Reclamation Center and the Hydrology Research Laboratory
- ZERT - The Zero Emissions Research and Technology Center
The NRCCE's vision is of a nation with abundant energy, a healthy environment, and a vibrant economy. We believe the research, results, technologies, and information developed through our programs contribute to this advancement.
The NRCCE's mission is to create and disseminate knowledge and technologies in:
- the development, delivery, and use of clean, efficient, abundant energy and the delivery, use and protection of water quality and quantity;
- the protection of air quality through energy conservation, enhancements in energy efficiency, improvements in environmental performance of energy technology, and the use of alternative fuel sources for transportation; and
- the protection and restoration of the environment, especially in mining and industrial applications, and in rural residential settings.