September 20, 2012 by Kathleen Cullen, NRCCE Energy Efficiency Division
Morgantown, W.Va. — TransTech Energy Business Development Conference organizer Carl Irwin announced five innovative energy activities to be showcased at the November 14-16 event to be held at Waterfront Place Hotel in Morgantown.
3-D Printing will be demonstrated by the Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Manufacturing showcasing the Institute’s Dimension 1200es 3D printer with build size of 10 x 10 x 12 inches.
WVU students’ entry into the U.S. DOE’s 2013 Solar Decathlon competition will showcase the students’ log cabin inspired solar home design that made them one of 20 entries selected to compete in the national contest.
The Mountaineer Area Robotics Team (MARS) will demonstrate “Marvin V” and other robots designed and built by local members. The team has recently competed in the Indiana Robotics Invitational, the Pittsburgh Regional Rebound Rumble, and the North Carolina Regional.
U.S. DOE National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) will exhibit four of the lab’s on-going project topics that are candidates for commercialization. NETL engineers and scientists will be available to discuss these cutting edge TTE innovations with potential business entrepreneurs and conference attendees.
Also, the West Virginia Water Research Institute and its Brownfields Assistance Center Team will be on hand to talk with entrepreneurs interested in developing a solar, wind, biofuels sustainable energy park on a reclaimed mine site in McDowell county, WV.
Important dates for the 2012 TransTech Energy Business Development Conference
- September 21 – Deadline for start-up companies and commercializable projects to submit an Application to Make a Pitch for funding
- October 10 – Deadline for university and college students to submit a concept paper to the Student TransTech Energy Business Concept Paper Competition
- October 17 – Deadline for Conference rate of $109 per night at the Waterfront Hotel
- November 1 – Deadline for Early Conference Registration
- November 14 – Welcome reception and networking at Waterfront Hotel
CONTACT: Angela Shock, (304) 293-6520